Books 11 and 12

Thursday, February 17, 2011

| | |
Okay, it looks like I just may end up crossing the 100 book mark by the end of the year. In case this happens, I shall not count the books I'd read in the past two years. So I'll be marking them with an  um.... "R" from now on.

Now, on to, books 11 and 12.

















How Not To Be Popular by Jennifer Zeigler is one of the best teen reads I've come across. Teen reads in the sense, I went through a phase where all I read were stories with teen girls as protagonists going through their "high school phase" and all that ( See: MOST of Meg Cabot's books) and this is one of the memorable books from that lot. Shall review later.




Coming to 31 Songs, I've wanted to read this from a long time but I'd forgotten about it until suddenly, yesterday when I was supposed to be studying for my C external (which thankfully I shall pass) I remembered this and googled it annd downlaoded it. :D I've been trying to download the music to go along with the book, but torrentz isn't really helping. It was an enjoyable read. I like reading about other people's passion for music and discovering good music like that. Even though most of the songs Hornby mentions in his book are of the Pop variety, and me being a pop snob ( a term that I picked up from this book) I want to listen to them.  In this book, which is also called "Songbook-the soundtrack of my life", Nicholas Hornby mentions the various songs that made an impact on his life, that he can keep returning to over and over again. It may sound like it's a very boring monologue, but Hornby has a knack of bringing together various elements of Life into his narrative and you won't feel bored at all. He tells us that he wasn't confident enough about his musical knowledge or taste to judge a song until he was in his late twenties. I wonder if I'll end up feeling the same way. If all the songs that I listen to now will be obsolete and out of place and very embarrassing to look back on later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the progress!
The Nick Hornby book sounds really interesting. I recently read The Anthologist by Nicholson Baker and completely loved it and some one had compared it to Nick Hornby's High Fidelity so I ordered it. Cannot wait to read.
This project has totally made college more tolerable.;P
-LucidInsanity

Sadhana. said...

Thank you!

I've watched High Fidelity... I haven't read the book yet, but if you liked it then you should totally read 31 songs.

I know, right?! My second semester is going to be AWEsome no matter what, because of this! :)

Post a Comment